ALMITE® is a line of products specifically developed for mite control Dermanyssus gallinae in poultry species.
ALMITE® consists of a mixture of selected, purified and atomised silicates, enriched with essential oils. The silicates present in ALMITE® block the diffusion and the movements of the mites on the treated surfaces, acting through a physical-mechanical mechanism.
Advantages of ALMITE®
- Mode of action: the mites cannot develop resistance towards ALMITE®, unlike what happens with the active principles of chemical synthesis;
- No suspension period or contraindications (eco-friendly product);
- Safe for operators and animals;
There are different ways of applying ALMITE® depending on the structures to be treated. ALMITE® can be used either directly in powder or in aqueous suspension, in this case the recommended dosage is 1.5 kg of ALMITE® in 10 liters of water. For the distribution of the powder product, on the other hand, it is necessary to use a powder diffuser, preferably equipped with an electrostatic charge.
- Use ALMITE® in aqueous suspension by distributing it with a sprayer for liquids;
- Doses ALMITE® ensuring the distribution of at least 30 grams per square meter (m2);
- Use ALMITE® in prevention before the animals enter the farm;
- ALMITE® can be administered at intervals of 40-60 days according to the severity of the parasite infestation;
ALMITE® Application in aqueous suspension
For the distribution of ALMITE® in aqueous suspension, it is necessary that the mixture of water and product is kept in constant agitation, in order to avoid the sedimentation of the heavier particles and to mix the different components homogeneously. In this regard, thanks to the collaboration with our partner FASKA, we have developed and are pleased to offer our customers a specific machine for the application of ALMITE® in aqueous suspension: FALMITE.
- Partner specialized in the application of ALMITE® in breeding for Italy:
- UNITEC U.S.I HYGIENE SERVICES srl | email@example.com
In addition to ALMITE®, the Albors line for the control of red mites Dermanyssus gallinae also includes a detergent with a disintegrating action on red mite colonies (ALMITE® 13) and a formulation based on plant extracts and essential oils with repellent action to be used in drinking water to discourage the presence of mites on the animal (ALMITE ® RP).